Monday, June 8, 2015

16-patch Baby quilt

My manager is having another baby. This one is going to be a boy. I have so many things to finish before Christmas that I don't have time to design a quilt for her. Then I remembered that I have 2 rows and a bunch of blocks (UFO's) that I could use. They are in boy colors. So I started sewing them together. I got 3 strip rows sewn together before I noticed that I had sewn them together wrong.


This is what they should have looked like.


This is a picture of the 3 rows sewn together. I then sewed these to the 2 rows that I had done awhile back, before I put the project away. This is what I saw.


I forgot to check when doing the other rows, which color block was in the left hand corner. So I got my seam ripper out again and took apart the 2 rows and redid them. All in all the quilt came out nice.


Back


What should have taken me a day to complete took 2 because I rushed into it. I should have taken the time to make sure everything was in the right order before I began. 

Linking up to Savvy Southern Style







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my bloggy friends.