Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dragonflies and Lattice updates

I have become frustrated and practically crying. When piecing this quilt, my piecing was a little bit off, which made my blocks not line up properly. I was practically in tears when I started putting the rows together.



There is nothing I can do. This quilt is for my niece and I wanted it to look nice. It didn't have to be perfect, but this is way off.


  
I did find this dragon fly template to to use for quilting the middle of the dragonfly square blocks.
The finished product will be shown soon.

Update 2

I have decided to rip the quilt apart and re-square the blocks. I hope this will fix the problem. In the mean time I am sewing together a quick quilt top in case I can't fix this one.

Update 3

Quilt top is done and ready to quilt. Thanks to the best husband in the world. My dear husband re-squared all 48 blocks for me. It took some time but he managed to fix all of them. I put a orange border around it to make up for the lost inches, but it looks great. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my bloggy friends.