Lemon Cream Chiffon Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) box lemon chiffon cake mix
2 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
4 1/2 ounces soft cream cheese
Bake cake according to package directions. Cool.
Make glaze. In small bowl of electric mixer beat cheese on medium speed until very light. Add sugar gradually with lemon juice, beating until very light and fluffy. Stir in lemon peel. Use to glaze top of cake letting it drizzle down side. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until serving time.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
DELICIOUS BUNDT CAKE
1/2 c. Butter (1 stick)
1/2 c. Shortening
2 c. Sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. Almond extract
1 tsp. Lemon extract
3 c. Sifted all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. Baking powder
1 c. Milk, room temperature
Confectioners' sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. Grease a 3 quart Bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan.
2. In large bowl, with electric mixer on high, beat butter and shortening together. Add sugar gradually; beat until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scrape sides of bowl frequently. Beat in flavorings.
4. Sift flour with baking powder, add in thirds to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, beating at low speed
beginning and ending with flour.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for one hour (1) and 10 minutes or until cake tester poked in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, invert onto cake rack and cool completely.
6. Sift confectioners' sugar over surface, if desired. Makes One large cake.
NOTE: If using Teflon lined pan set oven for 300 degrees.