Thursday, November 20, 2014

Finally finished

My son's quilt top has it's borders. I am so happy that the top is finished. The picture of the border fabric doesn't do it justice. The green vine print is the same color as the green fabric that is in the blocks. The picture shows it much lighter than it really is.



Here are the final pictures before it goes off to the quilt shop to be finished.




Saturday, November 8, 2014

Almost done

My son's Pathway to the Stars quilt is almost done. We need to pick a border then off to the quilter it goes. 




Thursday, October 30, 2014

What I have been working on

I purchased a set of 12 block of the month pattern kit for Pathway to the Stars from a second hand store. They had all 12 blocks. I was so excited until I found out that I needed the setting kit. Well I contacted Joanne's fabric - that is who put out the BOM and they sent me the directions and and cutting instructions to finish it. Of course I had to find coordinating fabric. Below are the 12 finished blocks. I will say 3 of them were way out of my expertise and comfort zone. Also being from a pre-cut kit, some of the blocks are a little wonky because the cutting on the pieces were a little off.




I am now cutting and working on the setting pieces. Will post finished top when it is completed.

Friday, October 10, 2014

What I have been working on

I have been very busy this month. I had to make 2 baby quilts, by October 11th. The first one was for my nephew. He and his wife are having their first baby. The second is for a friend of the family's daughter. Here is a picture of the quilt for my Nephew. This was taken before it was quilted and the binding put on. I forgot to take a picture of it finished.


Here is the other one. Just got it finished with a little time to spare. I had done another one but part way though my husband looked at it and said it wasn't bright enough for a baby quilt.




Finished, wrapped and ready to go to their new homes.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Fall crafting

Today I got to spend a little time with my 25 year old daughter. Between her busy schedule and mine, we haven't seen much of each other. We did an easy Fall decor craft. Here is mine.


Here is a picture of her Fall candle holder.


I still have some leftover flowers and leaves. Might make something else with them.


Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Quilt - Unknown Origin

Hello everyone, it has been awhile since my last post. I have been trying to finish up a few projects and time got away from me. Anyways I wanted to share a quilt that I just finished. I named it Unknown Origin because I don't know where the original 4" qst blocks came from. I purchased a bag of them for $2.00.


Wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but I loved the colors and I have a friend who has a guest room with these colors. So I sewed them into 4 square blocks and squared them up. 

I ended up with 48 blocks. Not to bad. I made rows of 6 blocks across, and had 8 rows down. Sewed them all together and this is what it looked like.

I put on 3 different size borders so it would be a lap sized quilt. The back is the same fabric as the middle purple border.

Quilt is now finished and I like the way it turned out. It will be going to it's new home on the 4th of July.



Monday, May 12, 2014

Never Enough Chocolate Quilt

I participated in a quilt along with Pat Sloan. 
Here is the link Never Enough Chocolate 
I made this lap quilt for my mom as a Mother's Day gift. 



This was the first time I did a quilt along. 
Had fun, quilt went together quickly. 

Friday, May 9, 2014

Scrap Candy Quilt

I finally got the Scrap Candy Quilt top finished. Boy did that one have a lot of pieces in the blocks. This one is for my daughter. Hopefully we will get to the fabric store today so she can pick out the backing fabric for it.



Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Finally finished - Dragonflies and Lattice Quilt

The Dragonflies and Lattice Quilt is finally finished. Boy was this one a hot mess at one time. Thanks to my dear sweet husband for re-squaring all the blocks. Here is the final product.




I embroidered different colored dragonflies in each dragonfly block.


I even made a matching pillow .


 So glad this one is done and ready to give to my niece for graduation.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dragonflies and Lattice updates

I have become frustrated and practically crying. When piecing this quilt, my piecing was a little bit off, which made my blocks not line up properly. I was practically in tears when I started putting the rows together.



There is nothing I can do. This quilt is for my niece and I wanted it to look nice. It didn't have to be perfect, but this is way off.


  
I did find this dragon fly template to to use for quilting the middle of the dragonfly square blocks.
The finished product will be shown soon.

Update 2

I have decided to rip the quilt apart and re-square the blocks. I hope this will fix the problem. In the mean time I am sewing together a quick quilt top in case I can't fix this one.

Update 3

Quilt top is done and ready to quilt. Thanks to the best husband in the world. My dear husband re-squared all 48 blocks for me. It took some time but he managed to fix all of them. I put a orange border around it to make up for the lost inches, but it looks great.